Video Part One: 5 Ways to Utilize Video Content Now
Video is everywhere – from new mediums of video sharing instantly to several expert vendors ready to produce. Small publishers are well suited for creating content, but often don’t. The old process of having to spend three months editing and perfecting a video no longer exists for fast video generation.
With technology today, it is easier than ever to create content in a quick & timely manner that will still resonate with your audience. Additionally, re-purposing video content is the gift that keeps on giving!
There are many ways that you should be utilizing video right now to engage with your audience and customers. Take a look at these five:
- Interviews at Conferences
- All you need is your smart phone. Assuming you are on social media (and if you are not then you should be) to record an interview with subject matter experts (SME) or just to talk from the event helps give your brand some buzz digitally. This can be done in under 10 mins with zero editing needed.
- If you are hosting the conference, then this is a great way to give your customers some love. Not only you can use this new content in your marketing efforts, but the customer can use it as well. (Hint…think revenue opportunity!)• If you want to get a little bit fancy without spending a ton of money it is recommended to check out tripods for your smart phone and even a small mic. This will help step up the quality of the video without breaking the budget. Check out this tripod on Amazon and this mic as well. Both under $25.
- Weekly Updates from the Editor-in-Chief
- A great way to engage with your audience is giving a voice and face to your editor’s name. Your audience already loves your content, so grab a webcam if there isn’t one already built into the computer your editor uses, and record weekly updates or a “What’s Trending” with a friendly face. This doesn’t need to be more than three minutes long and can be recorded and sent directly to social media as soon as it is done. If you are feeling adventurous, do it on Facebook Live (more information to come on this in Part 2 of the video blog series).
- If you don’t have a webcam built in to your computer, you can find the following on Amazon for under $70.
- Webinars are the tri-fecta in content marketing – you have lead generation, branding and thought leadership. This can be done with just a Power Point deck. However, by adding a webcam to the webinar, you have just put a face to the voice. This allows your audience to become more engaged with your brand and/or clients to make them feel as though they are sitting at an in-person seminar. Just like item #2 above, with weekly updates all you need is to purchase a webcam to make this enhanced webinar a new experience for your audience.
- Check out On24for a great example of a webinar with webcam. Omeda also partners with On24 – take a look at our integrations page to learn how to establish a great landing page that integrates with On24.
- Video Blogs or Vlogs
- Podcasts have been one of the biggest trends over the past few years. Take that and add video to it, and you have a series of solid content. Vlogs, like most video projects, can range in terms of style – they can be easily recorded with a webcam or more sophisticated and require a TV studio. One thing is certain, if the timing of your episode releases is consistent and the content is what your audience truly wants, you can use this as a way to generate new revenue. It will also give your audience a way to take your content with them wherever they go.
- For more information on Vlogs here are four things that all great Vlogs have in common.
- Social Teasers
- Social media videos have been on fire over the past few years. Views of branded video content have increased 99% on YouTube and 258% on Facebook between 2016 and 2017. On Twitter, a video Tweet is 6x more likely to be retweeted than a photo Tweet. If you haven’t taken a closer look at the power of social media and video together, you’re in for a surprise. The numbers are big (Wyzowl). With these booming results across social media, it’s wise to take advantage.
- Create short teaser videos to announce upcoming events, campaigns, sponsors products, etc. This is a creative and exciting means to informing your audience and leave them wanting more.
More Activate Blog Posts
Today’s consumer has more access to content than ever before. They have the ability to open almost any content at any time and place. With this access being a simple swipe or click away, brand marketers need to be on top of their game when it comes to pleasing their consumers. If not, they risk…Read More
Good marketers are always looking for new ways to get their brand and messaging out in front of their target audience. In the amazing digital age we are living in, there seems to be a new tool or service that you can capitalize on almost monthly, but that causes some issues, especially when making decisions.…Read More
In an inbox filled with personal, work, promotional and junk email – it can be challenging to find the best way to rise through the clutter and get the open rates and engagement needed to drive revenue. While email remains one of the top means to reach your audience, it is more cluttered than ever…Read More