Search the Omeda Knowledge Base
Reports – Email Reporting
Our Reporting functionality allows users to view delivery and response statistics for all tracked deployments. Email Builder has the ability to track delivered messages, hard and soft bounces (broken down by category), messages opened (for HTML or MIME based messages only) and URL’s clicked. Please note that Email Builder will infer an ‘open’ and increment the count when there has been a click in the text version of an email.
All reports can be exported as an Excel document.
This option will provide a summary report for a deployment but will not have the complete reporting functionality. This report is found on the Search page in the Email Builder application. This report will also provide delivery information on the seeds for the Email Builder deployment (data for deliverability and opens is not tracked for seednames in the Deployment Delivery Report). The Digital Audit reports are also located within the Supplemental Data page and are exportable.
This report summarizes the delivery information for an individual deployment or multiple deployments within a Database. When viewed within the portal, the Preview Content link and the Heat Map link are functional. The report provides the final list quantity, number delivered, and bounced. The opens (unique and gross), clicks (unique and gross), forward to a friend, and unsubscribes with the corresponding percentages. The Unique and Gross click counts for each URL are then presented.
This is the complete Deployment Delivery Report of all delivery and engagement information for an individual deployment or multiple deployments within a database. The report provides the number deployed, delivered, bounced, deferred, opened, clicked, unsubscribed, and the corresponding percentages. This report provides both Gross and Unique numbers for the Open and Click rates. Depending on user access, the reported numbers are clickable to allow you to drill in and view the actual recipients and their demographic data. This report is available for a single deployment or a combination of deployments.
Additional Reports available within the Deployment Delivery Report
There are several other reports accessible by clicking their corresponding buttons. Here is a list along with details on each.
View Deployment Details
This report displays all the technical details of the email deployment including all of the seed email addresses.
View Deployment Content
View actual content code for both HTML and Text versions.
This option will show you on page 1 the Opens by Hour Since Deployment data/graph and on page 2 you will find the Clicks by Hour Since Deployment data/graph
This option will show you the open and click activity by selected demographic values. You can declare the demographic values to display in Tools -> Deployment Defaults -> check the box for Demographics Breakdown Report at either the Brand or Deployment Type level.
View Heat Map
- Displays unique and gross click data as an overlay on your actual content. The Heat Map is only able to show clicks that occurred on the html version. Text version clicks cannot be tracked in the heat map.
View Throughput and Response Stats By Deployment/Split
- Shows separate delivery statistics for each deployment selected or for each split.
View All By Deployment/Split
- Shows whole Deployment Delivery Report for each separate split or deployment selected.
View Open Click Analysis
- This report will analyze the audience lists used for a specified deployment type (within a database) over a specified time frame. To access this, run a View Report including all of the deployments that you wish to analyze. Then, click on the View Open Click Analysis. The report provides the total number deployed and delivered plus the total unique number delivered. The report then also analyzes all the deployment lists and provides a report of the breakdown by x number of times the unique opens, the unique clicks, and the delivered never opened occurrences. This report is useful when reviewing the engagement factor for a particular type of deployment.
View Preference Page Report
- If you are currently using an Email Builder Preference Page this report offers detailed statistics on opt-ins and opt-outs through your preference page.
Delivery Throughput and Response Statistics
The Delivery Categories sections provides the basic delivery information broken up into the following sections:
Original List Quantity
This is the quantity of the list before any filters or suppression files were applied.
This section reports on the final list quantity and the amount of that quantity that was delivered.
Final List Quantity
- This is the quantity of the list when it deployed
- This is the number of delivered messages. For a message to be considered delivered, a sent or accepted status must be received from the receiving server.
This is the total number of sent messages that have bounced. This number is broken out into sub-categories based upon the RFC codes returned by the receiving server or by rules using text matching on the responses received by the receiving server.
Host or Domain Mail Exchanger Does Not Exist – returned when the top level domain does not exist
Domain Does Not Exist – This is returned when the receiving domain of the email address does not exist
Account Not Available – This is the response for non-existent email addresses at working domains
Mailbox Full – The receiving mailbox is at capacity
Connection Time Out – Our attempt to connect to the receiving server timed out before we could deliver the message
Permanent Deferral – A deferral that continues past our normal 72 hour sending period
Blocked By Content/Spam Filter – the message could not be delivered due to a spam block
Other/No Reason Given – Either no reason for the block was given or we received an uncommon response from the server
Misconfiguration at Remote Mail Site = the server we are trying to deliver to is not configured properly to return accurate RFC data after receipt of the email
This is the total number of messages that are in a deferred state and that will continue to tried to be sent for up to 72 hours. For a message to be deferred, a deferred response is received from the receiving server. It is also possible for a message to be deferred if the connection between Email Builder and the receiving server is broken. This number is broken out into sub-categories.
Response Categories provide the number of responses from a deployment. The unique responses consist of unique response to a message. The gross response consists of the multiple responses to a message. For example, if end user A receives a message that has one link and they proceed to click on that link three times, one click would be counted in the unique number and 3 clicks would be counted in the gross number.
- This is the number of messages that were opened. A message is considered opened if the HTML is opened or if a link is clicked in a plain text email.
- This is the number of clicks on the links within the deployment.
- This is the number of clicks on the links within the deployment that carry the olytics tag.
- This is the number of clicks on the unsubscribe links. These clicks will only be counted if the Email Builder unsubscribe link is used within the message content. This also includes the Complaints
- This is the number of complaints that are received from the various feedback loops from the major ISPs. A feedback loop is created for each domain/IP address so that if the end recipient clicks the “This is spam” button, the responses are sent back to Email Builder for processing. When a recipient clicks the ‘this is spam’ link, their email address is added to the Email Builder filter as an Opt-Out for every single deployment type. That email address is then also added as an optout for any new deployment type that is created. A customer can opt back in individually for each deployment type but it must be an explicit opt in. Note: The Complaints are included in the Unsubscribe count.
Forward to a Friend
- This is the number of clicks on the Email Builder Forward to a Friend link.
Delivery by Top 50 Domain
The delivery statistics based upon domain is provided in this section. The top 50 domains from the final list appear in this section.
An Additional Domain Report is also offered in this section. The Additional Domain report will provide delivery statistics based on the top 50 ISPs and the top 50 corporate domains from the final list.
Delivery By Top Level Domain – Top 10
The delivery statistics based upon the top level domain is provided in this section. A top level domain is the extension of an email address. For example, a top level domain would be .com, .net, etc. The top 10 from the list that deployed are provided in this section Delivery by top level domain reports on the top level domain extensions found in your deployment(s).
Tracking Links Clicked
This section provides a breakdown on the links that were clicked in the message. The English name of the link that was entered when the deployment was created is provided, along with the actual url, and the unique and gross number of clicks. There also is a column to denote if the url was tagged for olytics
This section is broken down by Combined Links, HTML Links, and Text Links. The Combined Links are a combination of links found in the text and HTML content.
The Combined URL Report allows users to download subscriber information based on an individual url or a combination of urls. Users are able to chose between downloading unique email address or unique recipients, as well as, chosing text only links, HTML only links, or a combination of text and HTML links.
Reporting Options in Email Builder (Omail)
This report is available on the navigation bar. It will provide summary report data for all deployments over the user defined parameters of designation, time-frame, with unique and/or gross click numbers. In addition, the user can select by individual deployment types and/or sending domain. The user can then also select the columns of data that are desired in the report – such as deployed, delivered, opened, clicked, unsubscribed and the corresponding percentages. Counts for splits within each deployment are also displayed.
The report provides 4 sheets of data when downloaded into Excel. Sheet 1 is each individual deployment Sheet 2 is a roll-up by deployment type Sheet 3 is a roll-up by Quarter Sheet 4 is a roll-up by year
This report also allows hot-link access to the individual Deployment Delivery Report for all deployments contained within when you are logged into the portal.
This report is best exported as an Excel document for better reading and manipulation – do this in the dropdown in the navigation bar. You will also see an option to “Click Here to Download in CSV Format” within the report. This allows you to get complete data in one .csv file.
Found in Reports and Analytics, in the Omail Reports section
Deployment Delivery Report
This will return you to the Email Builder (Omail) search page to select the deployment for your report
Summary Stats Report
This will return you to the Summary Stats section, located within Email Builder(Omail)
Summary by Link Category and Summary by Link Category-Data
This report will provide delivery information by the category and value which was assigned to a link within the Tracking pleat in the Email Builder application. The report will list each deployment where the category/value appears. The report provides the number deployed, delivered, opened, and clicked for the entire deployment. It then also shows the actual number of clicks for the category/value and the corresponding percentages. The report is available in Gross or Unique numbers. The -Data version of the report provides one spreadsheet of data as opposed to different sheets for each category.
Summary by Link Category
Summary by Link Category-Data
Audience Delivery Report
This report will show the email addresses in the audience list and the final disposition of the action(s) taken. You will see if the email address was filtered, suppressed, deduped prior to sending. The actions taken by the recipient are then also listed – bounced, opened, clicked and unsubscribed.
This report will read the tagging of the individual URL’s which indicate the advertiser and/or the advertiser’s product and report on the number of clicks on each. You can also select to have a report of the recipients that did click.
URL Click Report
This report will show complete data about the recipients that clicked on each link. The criteria for running the report can be as finite or as broad as needed.
The Detail Type selection criteria can be a true time-saver. It offers you two options:
- Detail: each individual click with the click date and time will be listed
- Summary: a roll-up by URL with an added column for the number of clicks/URL.
Popular Links Tracked
This report will identify the most clicked links within your specified time-frame First, enter your desired start and end dates. You can then also refine your selection by sending domain and/or specific deployment types. The final criteria for selection is the order by the Unique or Gross click counts and then set the parameter for how many URL’s should be displayed in the report.
Once you click ‘View Report’, the top URL’s will be displayed with columns of data for the number of deployments where the link occurred, the Unique click count and the Gross click count.
This report can be exported as an Excel document.