Search the Omeda Knowledge Base
Facebook/Instagram Ads Manager Integration
Facebook ads have become a standard part of any marketer’s promotion schedule and digital strategy, so being able to reach your own audience on Facebook in an easy to use manner became a frequently requested feature.
This integration between Omeda and Facebook lets you push Audience Builder (OnQ) queries into Facebook Ads Manager to let you either (1) target ads directly to your audience or (2) create look-a-like audiences based on your segment. Since Instagram is owned by Facebook, you can run these ads across both platforms within the Facebook Ad Manager.
This integration removes the need to download the list from Audience Builder (OnQ) and upload into Facebook each time you want to do something. It also pulls in performance data from Facebook so you can see campaign results within the Omeda platform, and also allows you to refresh previously pulled lists so you don’t need to rerun the query each time you find a segment that performs well.
By connecting audience data and campaign results together in the same place, you can run more campaigns with better insight and analysis in less time. It also eliminates the need to download and upload excel/csv files each time you want to run something, since you can select previously used query names and refresh the query from within Audience Builder.
There are two parts to the process – creating the query in Audience Builder and pushing to Facebook, and creating the ad and targeting the list in Facebook. You will need to have a Facebook ads account for this integration to work, so sign up or make sure you have access to your brand’s Facebook ad account before you get started.
Part One – Audience Builder (OnQ):
- Create your Audience Builder (OnQ) query and save it. Since you’ll likely have lots of different segments over time where you’ll want to compare performance, we recommend using a consistent naming convention throughout your team for easier analysis and access.
Get to integrations screen: Menu – Activate – Integrations, and click on the Facebook logo. Everyone has access by default, but please contact your account manager if you can’t access it or run into any trouble.
- Authorize Facebook ad account access, which will require your FB username and password. Click here for more information.
- Click on “Select Audience”, search for your saved query name and click “Open” then name the list and add a description. You can also choose whether or not to refresh the query (good for reusing saved lists) and choose which fields to push to Facebook. We are mostly limited to only the six fields listed which is a Facebook restriction.
- Click on “Send Audience to Facebook”!
Part Two – Facebook:
- Login to Facebook Ad Manager
- Go into the Assets section and select Audiences 3.
- Check that your audience has been brought in (can take up to one hour to fully populate). It will say “audience too small” until it has fully loaded
- There are two options on how to use your audience:
1. As-Is: Target just the people on your list
2. Lookalike: Target people who look like your current customers
- Confirm the ad creative, budget, schedule, etc and you are ready to go!
For additional questions and screenshots, please contact your account manager.