Search the Omeda Knowledge Base
Email – Automation for Email Sending
Omeda offers multiple options to simplify and reduce the amount of time required to setup and send emails. These options are most efficiently used for deployments with standard mailing schedules, i.e. newsletters. Full automation for the Recurring and Rapid Send options are dependent on the complete/final html and/or text content being accessible via either a static URL or ftp site.
Clients can use our API Suite for the complete setup and sending of emails. This allows the digital editors to complete their work exclusively in your CMS.
Note: Once any type of manual work is completed on a deployment that was created via an API process, you are not able to use any further API calls. The remainder of the setup and scheduling must be completed within Email Builder.
Please reference our API overview page. Refer to the Email Builder section.
Omeda currently has integration with ePublishing and StoryPorts for our clients. Omeda clients using these vendors for their CMS will work exclusively in their UI for the setup and sending of emails. Omeda can facilitate the conversation and ultimate setup with those vendors. Integration with TaxiForEmail will be coming soon.
The Recurring functionality allows Omeda clients to automate the initial setup to the complete sending of an email. This functionality is used most effectively with newsletters and/or notices since they normally have a standard day/time for sending.
Please reference the Email – Recurring Deployments section in our Knowledge Base
Within Recurring, there are 2 options:
- Standard recurring
- Automated recurring
The use of the Standard Recurring option will automate the actual creation of each individual send. The ‘shell’ for each send is created 6 days prior to the deployment date. The user then has the following options:
- Audience list – add manually or automate the list addition at x hours prior to the send time
- Content – add manually or provide a URL or ftp site plus a time parameter where Omeda will scrape the URL or ftp site for the content at x hours prior to send.
The user will then need to complete the manual upload options, send a test, and then schedule the send.
The use of the Automated Recurring will allow the complete setup and sending according to the preset schedule without any human intervention. The first send must be approved and scheduled. All subsequent deployments will automatically send, using the criteria in the recurring setup.
- Audience list – an Audience Builder query is required
- Content – Updated content for each send must be accessible via either a URL or ftp site scrape. For automated sends such as renewal notices where the content does not change, the actual content can be stored within the recurring setup content pleat.
- There is also an option to remove the seednames that are stored in the Default Settings from these automated/recurring sends.
Note: These will automatically deploy, using whatever content is currently on the predefined site.
Rapid Send can be utilized as sub-set of Recurring, in addition to a single send. Benefits of this option include:
- The user can complete the setup and sending without the application requirement of sending a test.
- The user can work exclusively within the deployment and not access the Approval Queue
- The URL for the content is preset, the user only needs to click to retrieve the content
Users should carefully evaluate the use of this option since sending a test is NOT required.