Search the Omeda Knowledge Base
Email – Link Tracking Errors
- Periodically in Omail, after saving content, users will experience the following warning which will include a list of the invalid links:
- Once the user clicks OK, the Tracking pleat will automatically open and the following message will appear along with the tracking being unchecked on the links referenced in the previous warning message:
- If the invalid links are left unresolved and link tracking unchecked on those links, users will receive the following warning at the time of scheduling the deployment, which will require accepting the message or canceling the scheduling of the deployment:
- The most common cause is the existence of trailing or leading spaces within quotes contained in the href element of the “a” tags of the HTML code.
- For example:
- Please note leading or trailing spaces used in HTML are compatible within many email clients and web browsers but they will render links untrackable in Omail.
- The solution to this issue is to find the untrackable links within your HTML code and remove any leading or trailing spaces and then re-save the content. Users will want to double check in the Tracking pleat that the tracking on these links has been re-enabled.
- Another common cause is if your URL is missing the protocol sub-string like “http://” or “https://”.
- For Example:
- The solution is to go back into the code, include the correct protocol in all your URLs, and re-save the content. Users will want to double check in the Tracking pleat that the tracking on these links has been re-enabled.
- If users have link tracking issues beyond these common causes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the track Id of the deployment in question for help troubleshooting.
Last Updated On October 04, 2018