Search the Omeda Knowledge Base
Email – FAQs
- I forgot my password to get into the Omeda, can you tell me what it is?
- For security purposes, we do not maintain or have access to user passwords. Please try using the “Lost Password” link on the my.omeda.com login page. You will then receive an email with your login credentials.
- I am unable to login to the application. It says my account is inactive. What happened?
- Accounts that have not been used in 90 days are automatically deactivated. Contact your account manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if this happens and we will reset your account. Once it is done we will let you know to log back in so you can reset your password and get back in to the system. Resetting your password can be done through the “lost password” link on the login page.
- I went into my deployment today to select my audience list and when I clicked “select internal list” I didn’t see it listed. Where is my list?
- You very well may have uploaded the list to the wrong deployment type. Verify the deployment type of your deployment and try again.
- I’m trying to upload a suppression file and I keep on getting an error message. What am I doing wrong?
- Our system will only accept suppression files that are ether .csv (comma delimited) or .txt (text) file format. Those files should only have one column for email address, and will work with or without a header.
- Can Omeda host an image for me so it will properly show in my email deployment?
- Yes. You can load images to here: Campaigns>Hosted Content
Follow the prompts and the URL will be returned to you. You have the ability to search for previously hosted content on that page as well. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask us for access to the Campaigns tab if you do not already have access.
- Any idea as to why our spam score is different from one week to the next on the same newsletter? The only change is the wording. Some weeks it will have that 1.1 score, others it won’t. Plus, they have found that the weeks that the score isn’t present, our open rates are a bit higher.
- SpamAssassin assigns this score when a link in your content appears to contain a common tracking pattern used by spammers. This ‘goes away’ when the deployment is sent (provided you have link tracking turned on), because all links in your content are replaced with encrypted redirects so that we can report on the number of clicks generated by a campaign.
- I have a renewal deployment I am working on and when I click on the renewal link it brings me to the blank page. Why isn’t my info pre-populating on the page as it should be?
- One of two things are wrong. First, there may be something wrong with the html of the link. Second is there may be an issue with your encrypted_customer_id stored in the default data. Sometimes your account manager may need to update your record in our database.
- I noticed on one of my recent deployments that the links were not tracked? Why is that?
- Most likely the “Link Tracking” option checkbox is not checked in your deployment. Go to your deployment and check for it under the “Tracking” pleat.
Testing & Approval
- I clicked the link on the approval email which took me to approval page for my deployment but the page is not allowing me to approve or make comments.
- Most likely the test was already approved by someone else and the final approver went ahead and scheduled the deployment.
- I put my client on as a tester for a deployment and they did not receive the test message, what happened?
- Your test message may have been blocked by that person’s firewall or spam filter. If you go into the “Message Content” pleat and look under “Tester’s Comments” you should see a failure message. Tell your client to give this message to their IT department to troubleshoot for cause and solution.
- I am trying to add a recipient as a seed/test but the application is not letting me. What is happening?
- Make sure that the recipient you are trying to add is not already listed.
- I had a colleague unsubscribe from one of our newsletters and they are complaining that they are still receiving them. Why would that be?
- Your colleague may still be listed as a seed recipient for that newsletter. I would suggest going into the “deployment defaults” under the “Tools” tab and removing that contact.
- I was trying to run some reports on my deployments but I keep on getting “insufficient Permission Errors”, what is wrong?
- We suggest closing your browser completely, and try logging back in. You will experience these errors sometimes when there has been a long period of inactivity in the browser.
- Can I see how many people opened the txt version vs the html version of my deployment?
- No, because when you select the “both” option for sending within the Audience pleat, your email is transmitted in MIME format (includes both versions of the email, text and HTML). The receiving email client will determine which version of the email is shown to the end recipient. There is no way for us to track how each recipients email client is displaying an email.
- What is the difference between an unsubscribe and a complaint?
- Unsubscribes are anyone that has used the Email Builder unsubscribe link in your content to opt out of those messages, and complaints are if someone has clicked the “This is Spam/Junk” button on the email with their email client/service. We can only register complaints with major ISPs or email providers (Comcast, Yahoo, AOL, etc.) that offer a feedback loop. If we do register a complaint we opt that email address out of all current and future deployment types.
- What do the different bounce/retry categories mean?
- You can find a short explanation of each category on our Omail reports page.
Last Updated On March 21, 2019