Search the Omeda Knowledge Base
Customer View – Other Updates
Deactivating a Customer
Once a customer is deactivated, s/he may not be reactivated. Deactivation is used very rarely and it’s usually for when a customer requests to be removed completely or when you know it is a duplicate record with no active products.
If a deactivated customer needs to be reactivated, the only way to do it is add a new customer with the same information. Click the Deactivate link in the contact information area and confirm the deactivation.
To edit the customer’s name, title, phone, fax email and/or address from the Customer Information Screen;
- To edit the name and or title you will need to click on Edit. Make the change to the name and/or title. Select the reason for the change (only needed for name change). Save to pending.
- To process an address change, click on the address. Apply changes where needed. (Do not put anything in the Extra Address field). Make sure to select the products that need to be shipped to this new address. Click save to pending.
- To process a change to an email address change/phone/fax, we need to click on the existing email/phone/fax. Apply changes, save to pending. If one of these does not exist but needs to be added, click on the add contact under the address information to have this information applied.
Once all changes are made for this customer, you can review the changes by clicking the Review Customer Updates button. If the changes are correct, click the Save Customer Updates button to save the changes. Otherwise, click Cancel Customer Updates to cancel all changes you’ve made to the customer’s record.
Viewing a Customer’s Behavior
Behavior describes what a customer has done and it’s usually of value to an advertiser. A behavior is comprised of an action and possibly a product. For example, the behavior “visited the Acme website” where the action is visited and the product is the Acme website.
From the Customer Info page, you can review a customer’s behavior by navigating to the Behaviors section and press 5. This shows you the behaviors of this customer and the first and last time (action) we’ve tracked this behavior for this person. If the product associated with this behavior is an event such as a conference, the event date would be the date of the conference.
We store and display all demographic values for each customer. To change a customer’s demographic value,
- From the Customer Information screen, navigate to the Customer Demographics section and click on the demographics and press Alt-6.
- Select the demographic you want to edit and click Edit or press Enter.
- Make the new demographic value. Click the Save to Pending button or press Alt-s. If you want to cancel your changes, click Cancel (x) or press Alt-x.
- Once all changes are made for this customer, you can review the changes by clicking the Review Customer Updates button or press Alt-R. If the changes are correct, click the Save Customer Updates button or press Alt-s to save the changes. Otherwise, click Cancel Customer Updates or press Alt-x to cancel all changes you’ve made to the customer record.
If a customer has a question about which email deployment s/he has received in the past, you can review the list of emails s/he received. This works only on deployments that were sent from Omail.
- From the Customer Information screen, navigate to the Customer Deployments section and click or press Alt-8. Click Find Customer Deployments.
- You can then review the last 5 deployments the customer has received. The Track ID and Deployment Type are internally used fields which are irrelevant to the customer. The Deployment Name is usually a descriptive name of the actual email that was sent. You can see whether the email was delivered to the customer’s email address, bounced (did not get delivered) and whether the customer has opened or clicked the email.
Memos help you understand what has been added and updated to a customer profile in the past. There are two types of memos: automatically generated vs adhoc. We automatically generate a memo for all of the following activities:
- Customer is created or deactivated
- Any changes made to name, contact information, demographics, behaviors and email opt-in/out.
- When an order and subscription is created, it will be in the memo. However, we don’t list out each transaction (i.e. reinstate, suspend) in the memo as all subscription transaction history is chronologically listed in the Product section.
- Other actions that are performed outside of the Customer View app such as customer records being merged into one.
You may create adhoc memos anytime as well.
- Navigate to the Memos section.
- Select how we were contacted.
- Select the reason code. (What we did with the order)
- Enter your note in the Optional ad-hoc memo field and click Enter.
You can flag a memo so it is displayed at the top of the memo list. Otherwise, all memos are listed in chronological order with the most recent memo at the top. To flag a memo, just check the Flag checkbox.